Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Administrator - Communication & Resources
- Permanent, full-time role
- Could be based in Christchurch or Auckland
- Special Education Sector
ABOUT US /MŌ MĀTOU
Ko Taku Reo Deaf Education New Zealand is the national provider of education services to New Zealand’s Deaf and hard of hearing children. At Ko Taku Reo we work to nurture the social and emotional wellbeing of New Zealand’s Deaf and hard of hearing children. We assist them to form their own identity, as well as providing support and resources to help them reach their academic potential. You will be joining a nationwide team, motivated to delivering high quality Communication and Resources which support the education and wellbeing of Deaf and hard of hearing students.
THE ROLE / TE MAHI
This role supports the Director of Communications and Resources and his senior leadership team which are based both in Christchurch and Auckland.
This is a key role within the team and provides administrative support for travel and accommodation, resource delivery, changes to staffing and coordination of the many resources required. You will also be organizing meetings, taking "live" minutes, and immersing yourself in project work to enhance the service delivery.
ABOUT YOU / MŌ KOE
Reporting to the Administration Manager based in Christchurch and working closely with a small team, this role is for a senior administrator and significant experience is required as we have a lot going on and it’s not for the faint hearted!!
Our ideal candidate will be a proactive, positive, and results-oriented person able to deliver a high level of administration support and reporting. You will be solution oriented, flexible and able to manage and prioritise multiple, often competing demands of the service. As this role supports the Communications and IT team you must be comfortable with technology and managing information in a digital platform - even being able to speak "IT" will set you apart! If you want variety, love a challenge and enjoy connecting with people then this is the role for you!
You will be experienced in developing collaborative relationships with a broad range of people. An affinity with and understanding of Deaf culture and NZSL proficiency would be preferred as strong communication skills will be essential to this role.
YOU WILL HAVE / KEI A KOE
- Proven experience in a similar senior coordination and administration role, with experience in Education an advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other office productivity tools, with the aptitude to learn new software and systems.
- An approachable and inclusive demeanour.
- The ability to understand the demands of a fast-paced and changing organisation.
- Strong understanding of communicator requirements in a diverse organisation.
- Proven ability to liaise and maintain relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU / HEI AHA HE PAI TĒNEI MAHI MĀU?
- A broad and challenging role with diversity of tasks and projects.
- The chance to help shape a unique organisation with learners at the centre of all we do.
- Free parking.
- Five weeks' annual leave.
HOW TO APPLY / ME PEHEA TE TONO
If you are interested in joining a passionate and hardworking nationwide team where you can help make a positive impact, please apply below with your CV and a cover letter telling us why you'd love to work with us.
Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for an interview will be considered for this position. We may look to interview prior to closing. Applications close 5pm, Friday 10 February 2023.