Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Teacher Aide of the Deaf - Kelston Primary Provision
- Be part of student success
- Partner with the Teaching team
- Varied role with rewarding outcomes
THE ROLE / TE MAHI
We are currently looking for a Teacher Aide who will based in Auckland at our Kelston Primary provision. This role covers parental leave and is fixed term until the end of the 2023 school year. Teacher Aide roles are school hours – 30 hours per week. You will work alongside the student/s and teaching team to support the learning and welfare of Deaf and Hard of Hearing learners.
YOU WILL / KA MAHI KOE:
- Support students with learning and class programmes
- Assist the Teacher with student’s emotional, spiritual, intellectual, and cultural needs
- Ensure compliance with the values as well as the legislative requirements of the organisation
- Ensure daily records are maintained and contribute towards planning for the student
- Assists around behavioural management and uses appropriate approaches to de-escalate issues
- Work with wider staff across the organisation ensuring the best outcomes for students
YOU WILL HAVE / KEI A KOE:
- A desire to assist with learning and achievement
- Knowledge of NZ Education Sector
- Demonstrated skills in IT
- Good communication and diplomacy skills
- Affinity with the values of our organisation
- Respect and positive engagement with all students and colleagues
An affinity or understanding of Deaf Culture and community would be great however we can bring you into this world and help you engage. This will include some skills in NZ Sign Language or willingness to learn this.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU? / HEI AHA HE PAI TĒNEI MAHI MĀU?
- Rewarding work with children watching them grow
- A focused role with a team approach
- The opportunity to work for a passionate employer
- Learning and development opportunities
- The chance to work in this unique organisation with our learners at the centre
- Work hours that fit around the school day
HOW TO APPLY / ME PEHEA TE TONO
If you are interested in joining an organisation where you can help make a positive impact, please apply online with a copy of your CV and cover letter telling us why you'd love to work with us!
Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for an interview will be considered for this position. We may look to interview prior to closing so please apply early. Applications close 5pm, Friday 24 March 2023.